The latest in the CAES Currents series, “Going Net Zero: Policies and Technological Approaches,” was held virtually on July 13, 2021. The panelists discussed the policies and technological advances that might help get us to net zero carbon emissions, the benefits, the unintended consequences and more. The panelists included:
- Priya Barua, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA), Director of Zero Carbon Innovation
- Todd Combs, Idaho National Laboratory, Associate Laboratory Director
- Jon Creyts, RMI (formerly Rocky Mountain Institute), Managing Director
- David Eichberg, HP Inc., Global Head of Climate Strategy
- Stefanie Krantz, Nez Perce Tribe, Climate Change Coordinator
CAES Currents panels are held in response to global events, providing a forum for students, researchers and the public to gain insight into the event, discover opportunities and solution-based outcomes, and strengthen dialogue among CAES affiliates leading to further collaboration and education. CAES Currents is formatted as a panel discussion featuring experts with experience relevant to the topic.
A recording of the presentation is available here: https://youtu.be/Ki6ZF-GjQoM